Click Column Header to Sort.
University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR) is dedicated to soliciting the private funding necessary to support the strategic goals of the University in teaching, learning, and research. The personnel of UDAR work university-wide as well as within individual schools and colleges of the University to discover, motivate, cultivate, solicit, and steward alumni, parents, faculty, and friends for immediate, long-range, and future financial support, through gifts and pledges to the University, for critical operations such as student aid, faculty support, academic and research program development, and facilities and infrastructure. UDAR's endeavors raise funds for immediate University use and also for the University's endowment.
The Director will strategically advance the goals of UDAR with a specific focus on alumni from Global Public Health (GPH). This role will design and lead a comprehensive engagement strategy for all public health alumni at NYU. A key member of the UDAR alumni relations team, and liaising with key partners in GPH and around the University, the Director will foster a community of alumni donors and volunteers, building relationships and engagement with new alumni and prospective alumni donors, and strengthening relationships with previously engaged alumni within GPH. This position will lead special events and outreach efforts in support of community-building, including events, volunteer engagement, and regular, effective communication ensuring outreach is aligned and integrated with that of GPH and UDAR.
The Director advances both national and international alumni programs with the goal of increasing alumni engagement, providing tangible benefits to alumni, and will work closely with the GPH Alumni Board to maximize the services sought from and provided to alumni. As a member of the UDAR alumni relations team, the Director works closely with the Dean of GPH, the Chief of Staff, senior administrators and faculty at GPH, leading and participating in numerous collaborative activities with colleagues in Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, and actively partners with other NYU schools to create and maintain pathways for alumni participation that advance the goals of UDAR, GPH, and the University.
UDAR encourages work-life integration for our employees, therefore this position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement.
Provide the first level of customer service to patients of the University Health Center clinic, from greeting and routing patients to record maintenance and cashier duties. Maintain patient appointment books.
Arts and Science is seeking a talented Administrative Aide I to join the Liberal Studies Student Affairs team. This individual will perform a wide range of clerical, secretarial, and general office duties including those of a confidential nature. Respond to inquiries displaying a comprehensive knowledge of the department's activities, policies and programs. Assist with the prioritization of office activities and delegate to and monitor work of student and/or casual employees. Compose letters and correspondence. Perform general word processing, spreadsheet and data entry duties utilizing intermediate-level functions. Monitor moderately complex budgets and/or grants.
The Preston Robert Tisch Institute for Global Sport is seeking an administrative aide to perform a wide range of clerical, secretarial and general office duties including those of a confidential nature. Prioritize office activities and delegate work to student and/or casual employees. May act as work leader to junior clerical support staff. Respond to inquiries displaying a comprehensive knowledge of the department's activities, policies and programs. Interact with the general public as NYU liaison and with University personnel including those at the senior level to resolve issues and problems. Customize and/or compose letters on own initiative or in response to requests for information. Perform general word processing duties utilizing intermediate to advanced-level functions. Modify and/or create databases and complex spreadsheets. Monitor complex department budgets and/or grants.
Oversee effective delivery of data management, communications and media services for local and national artistic review and admissions processes for Department of Drama. Manage the Summer High School Drama Program and Future Theater Artists Programs.
Provide Systems Administration and technical support in the designs, development, installation and maintenance of Steinhardt Systems and services including hardware and software for all for all servers and desktop workstations. Provide Tier 3 support to Steinhardt technical support team and community. Basic network troubleshooting. Collaborate and coordinate on various projects with internal groups and departments, including NYU Central IT.
NYU's Global Programs & University Life organization is committed to being a welcoming campus community that reflects and enacts the values of inclusion, diversity, belonging, equity and accessibility that inform academic excellence. Employees in this organization are expected to contribute to diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible learning and working environments for our students, staff, and faculty.
The Design and Communications Specialist is a critical member of the Global Programs and University Life communications team, tasked with maximizing students’ understanding of, and successful participation in, the wide variety of support services, programs and events available during their college journey at NYU. By focusing on the Division of Student Affairs and student navigation and access, the work of this office enables more students to thrive at NYU. The position oversees the Division of Student Affairs web pages, developing and maintaining a strategic and engaging web presence, as well as our digital accessibility standards and best practices, ensuring that our various communication methods adhere to our values of global inclusion, diversity, belonging, equity and accessibility. The incumbent helps develop innovative solutions for effectively communicating with students spanning six continents throughout NYU's Global Network. Manage a robust student internship program, which engages current students in the creation and distribution of information and resources. Collaborating on initiatives that better the student experience using digital platforms and other methods of engagement, the incumbent partners with colleagues across student affairs and beyond to ensure the highest level of student engagement and understanding. Advance the Division’s communications strategy, including producing compelling content for various communication platforms, curating and managing various communication outlets, and generating engaging visuals for materials (such as campaigns, newsletters, presentations, memos, social media posts, flyers, maps, etc.). The incumbent also helps shape policies, procedures, and best practices regarding social media and technology.
Perform clerical, secretarial, and general office duties for the American Musicological Society, with whom the University is affiliated. Serve as office receptionist, answer phones, greet visitors, and schedule appointments. Perform general word processing, spreadsheet, and data entry duties utilizing basic level functions. Maintain simple department budgets and perform related light bookkeeping. Please note this a part-time (17.5 hours/week) position.
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Director, Alumni Relations and Annual Giving, Abu Dhabi reporting jointly to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement at NYU Abu Dhabi, and the Senior Director of Advancement Programs at NYU New York.
The Director of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving, Abu Dhabi will design and lead a comprehensive engagement strategy for graduates of NYU Abu Dhabi, as well as engage with NYU alumni throughout the Middle East. Based in Abu Dhabi, the Director will be responsible for developing a culture of philanthropy with NYU students and alumni, and for building a sense of engagement and community among its graduates. The position will be responsible for local and regional alumni relations programs covering numerous countries in North Africa, Eastern Mediterranean (Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Israel), the Arabian Gulf and India.
The Director will strategically advance alumni programs with the goals of increasing alumni engagement, providing tangible benefits to alumni, and building a pipeline of current NYU Abu Dhabi students to become engaged alumni. The Director will advance NYU Abu Dhabi’s goals by developing and executing a core alumni relations portfolio, including outreach and stewardship of all alumni, donors, parents and friends; and overseeing the execution of alumni special events and the development of a philanthropic culture in the region. Reporting jointly to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement at NYU Abu Dhabi, and the Senior Director of Advancement Programs at NYU New York, the Director will work to support University goals, priorities and strategies to identify volunteer leadership, manage alumni clubs, facilitate continued engagement of NYUAD alumni in their current countries of residence, and support the expansion of annual giving from alumni and parents of NYUAD. The Director will support NYU Abu Dhabi’s philanthropic efforts, and work with the larger NYU Abu Dhabi staff to build community on and around the NYU Abu Dhabi campus. The Director will work to develop and guide NYU Abu Dhabi alumni leadership and will also manage the budget allocated for these tasks.
- Develop and implement strategic alumni outreach plan and activities by executing an active program of cultivation and special events
- Ensure strategies are consistent with both NYU Abu Dhabi’s priorities and the University’s alumni strategies, policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain systems to track participation in these programs and their impact on NYU Abu Dhabi philanthropic efforts
- Manage the core alumni relations portfolio of NYU Abu Dhabi graduates around the world. Implement alumni programs, conduct alumni award nominations and selections and outreach to alumni, and students
- Coordinate with the lead philanthropic officer on cultivation and strategies for alumni, parent, and friend support
- Strengthen alumni engagement in career opportunities, internships and post-graduation positions for NYUAD students. Additionally, coordinate with UDAR on local and global events and act as point of contact for all NYU alumni in the region
- Track and record relationships with alumni, parents, and friends in central database
- Identify opportunities for University and campus leadership to meet with groups of alumni or individual alumni or parent supporters in Abu Dhabi or in other locations
- Generate new ideas and manage related tasks to strengthen engagement with alumni, parents, students, and friends
- In collaboration with the AVP of UDAR Annual Giving, develop and implement philanthropic strategies to build class gifts and young alumni participation in Annual Giving
- Create an alumni-in-training program for NYUAD students and develop an alumni orientation program for graduating seniors
- Develop, recruit, train and manage a student committee to champion and advocate for student giving in NYU Abu Dhabi
- Develop and implement student outreach strategies to engage NYU Abu Dhabi undergraduate students from initial matriculation through graduation and beyond
- Conduct events for NYU Abu Dhabi students to cultivate a lifelong relationship with NYU
- Promote an active calendar of student/alumni activities and support Young Alumni Leadership Circle events in the region
- Develop and manage Student Alumni Council to assist with engagement in the area
- Develop a comprehensive budget strategy and implement an annual budget process
- Manage a budget of 50K+ and ensure accuracy and timeliness of information including reviewing reports against other sources such as invoices received
- Play a lead role in UDAR’s global outreach in NYU Abu Dhabi
- Partner with the Senior Director of Volunteer Engagement, and other senior members of UDAR who travel to the region, as well as local NYU Abu Dhabi staff
- Partner on visits, meetings, regional strategy, prepare related briefings, implement follow-up activities (thank you letters, debriefings, etc.)
- Identify and respond to needs of priority alumni, prospects and VIP visitors as needed
- Maintain the Central Events Archive (CEA) to ensure it’s always updated, and record activity in the central database, enter contact reports on all visits
The position provides high-level administrative support in a fast-paced environment working directly with two Deputy General Counsels to support the administration and operations in the Office of General Counsel. Administer daily activities, engage in a broad range of projects, events and participate in department-wide initiatives to meet business needs and objectives. Manage documents maintained in the repositories, compose agendas and meeting materials for presentations and conferences, conduct research, data analysis and report on key issues or matters related to labor employment and corporate practice groups, manage internal/external communications, oversight of in-person, virtual, and hybrid meetings and events. The role requires technical skills to execute specific assignments, professional disposition, manage confidential information and a commitment to service the University’s schools and administrative units, clients and the Office of General Counsel.
NYU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its recruitment and hiring process without regard to age, alienage, caregiver status, childbirth, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, domestic violence victim status, ethnicity, familial status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, partnership status, predisposing genetic characteristics, pregnancy, race, religion, reproductive health decision making, sex, sexual orientation, unemployment status, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.