Click Column Header to Sort.
SHIFT: Tuesday - Saturday 3:00PM - 11:30PM
Primarily responsible for hands-on maintenance of HVAC systems and related auxiliary equipment.
Direct maintenance activities and operations for a large and complex grouping of academic properties including the management of physical plant operations and the management and maintenance of complex building systems equipment. Promote and foster the working relationships between Central facilities staff and academic facilities staff ensuring uniform standards of operations, maintenance and security. Direct and coordinate services provide by contract suppliers.
Report to the Director, Energy Engineering. Responsible for advancing energy management efforts on campus and for the implementation of initiatives as related to building automation and metering systems. Working closely with the facility management, technical services and construction management groups, identify, evaluate and support the deployment of cost-effective energy management initiatives to drive environmental improvement, energy reduction and operational excellence across the NYU portfolio of properties. Evaluate the operational condition of a variety of Building Management Systems (BMS) throughout the NYU campuses by setting up and analyzing data trends for analysis and diagnostics. Recommend modifications of sequence of operations for building systems to optimize performance and efficiency. Coordinate, track and manage the optimization and repairs of the systems controlled by the BMS. Assist with identifying and managing the repair and replacement of malfunctioning building management system components on campus.
Performs supervisory, advanced technical and administrative work in directing the technical operations, maintenance and repair of gas turbine generators, heat recovery steam generators, HTHW boilers, electrical generating equipment/auxiliary systems, diesel generators and centralize air-conditioning systems; performs related work as directed. Directs maintenance activities on district heating and cooling piping, valves, heat exchanges and controls across campus.
Provide direct patient care under the direction of licensed medical provider or registered nurse. Assist medical providers during patient visits including, during minor in-office procedures; administer treatments, vaccines, and medications to patients under patient specific orders. Perform patient and lab tests using specialized equipment requiring significant specialized training. Observe all procedures and standards, ensuring safety of patients and staff and safe use of equipment. Perform phlebotomy, specimen collection and CLIA waived laboratory testing following laboratory policies and procedures. Perform tests and document all test results in the EHR. Document lab quality controls in appropriate electronic systems.
Provide direct patient care to patients being seen in the Specialty Department of NYU Student Health Center.
Responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating the career development services of the Mathematics in Finance program; a professional Master's program in quantitative finance based out of New York University's Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences. Note: This is a contract, short-term role.
- Create a comprehensive career function that cultivates relationships with employers and provides them with a reliable pipeline for talent.
- Develop and deliver a series of targeted training seminars and workshops that prepare students for the financial industry.
- Provide concierge advisory services to students to assist them in obtaining internships and full-time employment.
- Establish metrics to substantiate the value of each career development activity.
- Maintain and further expand the program's industry relationships and network.
- Create an environment of openness and inclusivity.
- Provide individual coaching services and guidance in developing self-marketing and branding tools such as job search strategies, resume critiques, preparation of cover letters and personal statements, interview skills, networking, portfolio development, and negotiation skills.
- Conduct mock interviews by creating specific questions that are relevant to the field of internship or employment students are pursuing, and then provide constructive feedback to students.
- Conduct post-work placement interviews with students to discuss experiences and future goals.
- Write career and skill development materials, and design interview tools.
- Write a variety of documents including, training materials, correspondence and workshop plans.
- Plan and coordinate logistics and resources, for career events, information sessions, workshops and speaker presentations.
- Track attendance of students using services and compare statistics for an analysis of trends and ROI.
- Gather, compile, and analyze information identifying market data, trends, and job opportunities.
- Request participation and invite employers to post-employment opportunities within the department.
- Act as a liaison between faculty, staff and students to ensure the timely communication of information.
All of the above should have a quantifiable number or measurement.
To provide technical support in the design, development, installation and maintenance of the CIMS computing infrastructure, including hardware and software for CIMS Unix servers and desktop workstations, PC's, Macs, Xterminals, network printers, and instructional audio-visual equipment in a diverse and complex computing environment.
Monday, 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Wednesday, 11:00pm - Thursday, 7:00am
Thursday, 11:00pm - Friday, 7:00am
Saturday, 7:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday, 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Monitor and operate combined heat and power plant and chilled water systems and connected equipment controls. Ensure plant operations are performed safely and efficiently; monitor and respond to changes in operating conditions to maintain continuous plant performance; as directed perform operations work order duties and routines. Per prescribed frequencies and in accordance with established round protocols and recording direction, perform physical watch stander rounds of the cogeneration facility. Record and report any abnormal conditions to the Engineer. Assist Engineer in troubleshooting any plant issues. As required receive plant fuel and material deliveries. Maintain qualifications and perform stack emissions observations. At the engineer's direction manipulate manual and automatic valves and controllers in the plant. Respond to field emergencies as needed. Perform lock out tag out as directed. Ability to assist the Engineer in operating the plant either in the field or via the plant computerized control systems.
This is a grant funded position that will work 10 months per year during the project's duration. The nurse will treat elementary school-age children following NYU College of Dentistry health care practices and standards. This includes providing oral hygiene instruction, oral examination, fluoride varnish, and silver diamine fluoride with a dental assistant. All examination and care are recorded in electronic health record.
Forbes has named NYU one of the best employers for diversity in 2020, ranking eighth among U.S. universities. DiversityJobs.com has named NYU a top employer for 2020 for dedication and commitment to building a diverse workforce and culture. The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption has named NYU an Adoption-Friendly Workplace in the U.S. for 2019.
NYU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its recruitment and hiring process without regard to age, alienage, caregiver status, childbirth, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, domestic violence victim status, ethnicity, familial status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, partnership status, predisposing genetic characteristics, pregnancy, race, religion, reproductive health decision making, sex, sexual orientation, unemployment status, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.