The Data Engineer will be responsible for: a) integrating and transforming database applications and web service application programs interfaces (APIs) through innovative strategies to support operations and decision making; b) serving as technical liaison to system users and vendors regarding data quality, access, and testing, as well as data conversion; c) collaborating with stakeholders to ensure data architectures are aligned with University-wide policies, governance, and institutional goals; d) developing and training machine learning models on predictive analytics; e) constructing and maintaining pipelines for internal and external datasets with multiple third-party systems; f) implementing procedures to improve system efficiency, security, and compliance g) researching new technology and applications; h) assessing and managing student staffing needs; and i) supporting web development and desktop support teams as needed.
Bachelor's Degree with coursework in computer science.
Master's Degree Master’s degree in computer science or data science is preferred.
3+ years 3 - 5 years of experience in database administration and management including database design and system analysis.
4 - 5+ years of experience in software or data engineering and management, and applied machine learning engineering and management is preferred.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge of the following is required:
- SQL and database design
- Experience with Salesforce administration
- REST APIs and extraction, transform, and load (ETL) pipelines
- Unix/Linux terminal
- Fluency in Python
- Working knowledge of machine learning Algorithms (Logistic Regression, Random Forest, Gradient Boost, etc.) and machine learning frameworks/libraries (scikit-learn)
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Programming experience in PHP, Java, and APEX (Visualforce)
- Familiarity with Drupal CMS and AWS EC2 is strongly desired
- Working knowledge of deep learning algorithms (CNNs, RNNs, GANs, etc.)
NYU aims to be among the greenest urban campuses in the country and carbon neutral by 2040. Learn more at nyu.edu/nyugreen.
Learn more about NYU Wagner here.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity