The Director, Bookstore Contract Services & Operations will:
- Oversee, direct, and manage NYU’s Bookstore operations and the contractual relationship with the vendors who provides services for the NYU bookstore.
- Act as a liaison and strategic partner between the vendor and the University stakeholder and schools.
- Ensure that the vendor meets expectations as outlined in the service agreement.
- Be responsible for strategic planning, programs and the quality and financial performance of the bookstore.
- Have direct oversight and authorization of the payroll approval and reconciliation for NYU’s employees and or student employees working at the bookstore.
Bachelor's Degree Business or related field
Master's Degree or MBA preferred
7+ years progressive operational, fiscal and management experience or an equivalent combination. Must include previous experience in operations and vendor management. Must include experience with quality assurance programs, service negotiations, contract evaluation and management, marketing, strategic planning and budget management. Experience with standard office technology (MS Office, Google) with strong excel skills. Experience implementing and promoting best practices in a retail operation.
Experience in publishing or bookstore trade operations. Experience within retail industry with large volume ($20 M+). Management and supervisory skills in accounting. Previous experience managing union staff. Higher Education bookstore management highly preferred.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Strategic thinking and excellent written and verbal communications skills are required. Advanced knowledge of financial analysis, and transforming strategic plans into financial projections and operational plans. Ability to analyze, interpret, and communicate a variety of financial information to individuals at all levels. Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and negotiation skills. Ability to execute and integrate complex analyses and prepare comprehensive summaries and projections. Knowledge of finance, budgeting, inventory and cost control procedures. Intermediate computer skills: knowledge of software to quantify and illustrate complex business and financial reports, comparisons, impacts, and/or projections.
NYU aims to be among the greenest urban campuses in the country and carbon neutral by 2040. Learn more at nyu.edu/nyugreen.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity