The Center on International Cooperation(CIC) is seeking a talented Communications Manager to join their team.
As an established think-tank, the effective communication of ideas is at the core of our work. We focus on analysis and ideas-generation that is practical, policy relevant, and sensitive to political realities and difficulties in achieving collective action on international problems. The Center has played a role disproportionate to its small size in incubating processes that have had significant influence on global policy, including on the development of peacebuilding at the UN; reforms of the multilateral system; regional approaches to challenges such as the Afghanistan conflict; and peaceful, just, and inclusive institutions in the post-2015 agenda.
The Communications Manager will develop, design and execute creative communications and storytelling strategies for the Center on International Cooperation. They will develop internal and external communication tools, messages and materials, including electronic publications, website content, social media, direct mail, public relations materials, multimedia and other related materials, in support of efforts to communicate with members and non-members to expand CIC’s ability to increase awareness and engagement to the broader public and constituents. They will establish and ensure internal coordination between CIC staff and programs on messaging and publishing for unified messaging and will work with staff to develop and implement organization-wide adherence to CIC branding and communications guidelines. They will also be responsible for supporting and shaping CIC’s strategic focus (vision, mission, core purpose, meta-narrative, niche); strengthening brand, identity, voice, and personality of CIC communications; developing, designing, and executing CIC’s institutional communications to target audiences; expanding CIC’s standard toolbox of communications; comfortably engaging with senior and/or high-profile officials and constituents; and collaborating and contributing to the strategic integration of CIC’s communications with communications teams for various partner programs, including the Pathfinders for Peaceful, Just, and Inclusive Societies.
Bachelor's Degree in journalism/communications, international relations, or other relevant field.
Master's Degree in journalism/communications, international relations, or other relevant area of study is a plus.
5+ years in social media, public relations, media relations, or communications.
• Understanding of the UN system or subject-matter experience in any of our programmatic areas is strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in at least one foreign language is a plus.
• Photography and video editing experience (Adobe Premiere Pro, iMovie, Final Cut) is a plus.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Strong knowledge of and skills in social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter.
• Proven writing and editing abilities; knowledge of AP and Chicago Manual of Style.
• Ability to work on many projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
• Team player. Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Enthusiasm for issue-oriented communications work and for promoting CIC’s messages to the public and policymakers.
• Graphic design experience (Adobe Creative Cloud).
• Basic HTML understanding and website management experience (Drupal, WordPress).
• Familiarity with automated marketing platforms like MailChimp.
NYU aims to be among the greenest urban campuses in the country and carbon neutral by 2040. Learn more at nyu.edu/sustainability.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity