Responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating the career development services of the Mathematics in Finance program; a professional Master's program in quantitative finance based out of New York University's Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences. Note: This is a contract, short-term role.
- Create a comprehensive career function that cultivates relationships with employers and provides them with a reliable pipeline for talent.
- Develop and deliver a series of targeted training seminars and workshops that prepare students for the financial industry.
- Provide concierge advisory services to students to assist them in obtaining internships and full-time employment.
- Establish metrics to substantiate the value of each career development activity.
- Maintain and further expand the program's industry relationships and network.
- Create an environment of openness and inclusivity.
- Provide individual coaching services and guidance in developing self-marketing and branding tools such as job search strategies, resume critiques, preparation of cover letters and personal statements, interview skills, networking, portfolio development, and negotiation skills.
- Conduct mock interviews by creating specific questions that are relevant to the field of internship or employment students are pursuing, and then provide constructive feedback to students.
- Conduct post-work placement interviews with students to discuss experiences and future goals.
- Write career and skill development materials, and design interview tools.
- Write a variety of documents including, training materials, correspondence and workshop plans.
- Plan and coordinate logistics and resources, for career events, information sessions, workshops and speaker presentations.
- Track attendance of students using services and compare statistics for an analysis of trends and ROI.
- Gather, compile, and analyze information identifying market data, trends, and job opportunities.
- Request participation and invite employers to post-employment opportunities within the department.
- Act as a liaison between faculty, staff and students to ensure the timely communication of information.
All of the above should have a quantifiable number or measurement.