The Portfolio Manager is part of the IT PMO and is responsible for successfully executing/delivering key IT programs and projects in support of IT's multi-year roadmap and strategic goals. The Portfolio Manager oversees a team of Program and Project Managers and leads cross-functional project teams, across various levels of IT leadership, to consistently deliver quality results. The incumbent will ensure adoption of established PMO practices, and instill a culture of execution, operational excellence, and accountability.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support IT Division heads with long-range planning and the development of multi-year technology roadmaps
- Develop and document, in partnership with the Division heads, roadmap goals, strategic objectives, portfolio/program structure, scope and KPI's
- Monitor and drive portfolio performance, generating reports to highlight status, risks, issues and benefits
- Track and monitor financial forecasts, managing budget to actual expenses, and budget variances
- Provide thought leadership in resolving issues and mitigating risks to ensure that programs and projects are completed on time, within budget and to specifications
- Use best practices and standard project delivery methodology
- Coordinate cross-functional delivery teams and effectively manage resource plans to balance workload
- Communicate effectively with leadership, stakeholders, and delivery teams
NYU IT CORE BELIEFS
We demonstrate our core beliefs everyday in our interactions, attitude and performance.
People at the heart of everything we do: We listen to our clients, and colleagues, and use our expertise to anticipate and address their needs.
Create space to innovate: We challenge assumptions and seek out fresh perspectives and new ways of thinking to fuel our productivity.
Right promise. Right delivery: We set clear goals and priorities, and execute with speed and agility to deliver better results.
Share information. Build trust: We engage in open and honest communications that reflect inclusiveness, fairness and respect for each other.
Teams and partnerships work. Boundaries don’t: We collaborate to maximize the value we bring to NYU because our best ideas come from working together.
Insist on excellence: We take pride in what we do, strive to improve constantly and hold ourselves accountable for the results.
Master's Degree in Business Administration or similar
5+ years of managing IT projects/programs/portfolios, including budget and resource allocation and management and 3+ years of supervisory experience.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
PMP certification or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Demonstrable ability to lead and deliver strategically important projects through to completion.
Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide variety of internal and external people, both in formal and informal circumstances, and where necessary to gain their agreement and acceptance.
Knowledge of cost management principles and practices to evaluate returns and risks of business solutions.
Ability to absorb complex technical information and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Ability to analyze and solve problems with innovative, creative solutions.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity