Serve as a member of the Tandon Leadership Team, report directly to the Dean and work in partnership with the Tandon board, Vice Deans, Department Chairs, Associate and Assistant Deans, faculty, senior staff, students, donors, alumni and leaders across NYU and other institutions to spearhead the Dean’s strategic initiatives, establish metrics, drive strategic decision-making and ensure results. Act as a close advisor to the Dean. Manage the flow of issues and projects within the office in support of the Dean’s agenda. Serve as the Dean’s liaison to other NYU Schools and the Tandon board. Manage staff, and operations for the Dean’s Office.
- Lead a small strategy team to accurately assess Tandon’s current state of affairs by organizing a deep dive into all aspects of Tandon from both an academic and operational perspective. Help create a vision of the Tandon future state and help develop a strategic plan that will act as a road map toward that goal. Engage Tandon Leadership Team and help drive meetings for maximum buy-in and cooperation. Get baseline metrics on all aspects of Tandon. Organize the Tandon Dashboard. Serve as a liaison with Dean direct reports, faculty and administrators to implement the Dean’s agenda. Cultivate relationships that are necessary to move the strategic direction of Tandon forward.
- Work with the Executive Director for Communications and Marketing to establish a strategic plan. Work with the Associate Dean for Development to establish a strategic plan for achieving targets. Work with Vice Dean for Research on establishing 2-3 key research areas with significant potential for growth and societal impact.
- Collaborating with Tandon Career Services develop strategies to help improve external recruiters perceptions of Tandon students. Collaborate with Tandon faculty on strategies for increasing rankings
- Lead internal strategic planning process. Establish and track progress via an execution tool (a la Trello). Create and organize small teams to start executing actions from the strategic plan. Reorganize the Dean’s office and staff infrastructure to support the strategic plan. Monitor, staff, and ensure progress on Dean-initiated activities. Serve as a key advisor to the Dean and participate in key constituent meetings to ensure appropriate and responsive follow-up and accountability. Act as the Dean’s representative and ambassador to constituents as directed. Facilitate resolution of matters requiring the Dean’s attention, consulting with relevant faculty and administrative offices as necessary.
- Organize the outside Advisory Board visit for the end of the first academic year. Organize and lead External Relations group. Liaise to the other NYU schools and the Tandon board. Ensure planning for faculty, board, and other key administrative meetings, including oversight of preparing agendas, identifying meeting participants, developing relevant memos, materials, and presentations, and monitoring and tracking progress of action items that come out of the meetings.