The NYU Tandon School of Engineering invites applications for a full-time Director of Operations and Administration. Reporting to the Interim Senior Vice Dean for Finance and Administration, the Director of Operations and Administration oversees and coordinates day-to-day Tandon related operations including space allocations and moves, campus events, renovation projects, and operations planning for the school. In this capacity the Director acts a liaison to the Director of Facilities Management taking the lead on campus wide event planning and organization to ensure proper staffing, set-up, and security in addition to working with internal and outside groups that want to use the school’s buildings or MetroTech Commons for events. The Director helps develop and manage the school’s capital budget including grant funded activities, prepares presentations and develops and oversees budget processing systems to monitor, forecast and maintain transaction information. In this position, the Director is expected to prioritize requests for building repairs, maintenance, and capital repairs, recommend allocation of space to meet changing needs of the school, obtain bids from outside contractors, as needed, and liaison with the University’s construction, architects and service contractors. The successful candidate will also assist the Dean and the Interim Sr. Vice Dean with developing strategies to meet short-and-long term goals for future facilities and other space planning initiatives and ensure execution of these strategic priorities.
Key Liaison Relationships:
Manage Space Allocation and Moves
Tandon Events and Special Projects
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field to academic operations. Preferred education MS/MA in business or related field.
At least 5 or more years of experience managing administrative operations at a large college or university
• Minimum five (5) years of professional experience in university/higher-education environment or managerial role in private/non-profit organization, particularly relating to education and academic activities.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Excellent problem solving. adaptability and communication skills
• Ability to develop, implement and communicate policies and procedures to a diverse population
• Working knowledge of standard office software, database and budget systems
• Strong financial management skills
• Ability to build and maintain productive work relationships, collaborate with others to achieve goals
• Familiarity with the organizational environment of higher education and large research universities
• Ability to understand stakeholder priorities, issues, motivations and constraints, and to find common ground and paths forward
• Ability to assess when to collaborate laterally (across the organization) or horizontally (up/down the organization) to best accomplish a goal; ability to identify and utilize synergies among stakeholders or resources
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity