New York University has an opportunity for a Director of Human Resources, Information Technology based in New York, NY, reporting to the Vice President of University Human Resources with a dotted line to the Vice President for Information Technology. The role of the Director of Human Resources, Information Technology will be to drive HR best practice for the Division of Information Technology. The Director of Human Resources will provide both strategic direction and tactical support to NYU’s IT’s leadership across all IT operational units and serve as the human resources lead for NYU's Information Technology Division.
- Partnering with the Vice President of IT to translate strategic IT initiatives into organizational human resources plans including recruiting, role enhancements, job changes, reorganizations, etc.
- Partnering with senior IT leadership to address recruitment, staffing, compensation, development, performance management, performance communication, employee engagement and employee and labor relations.
- Provide direction, interpretative counsel, and implementation support to the Vice President of IT, senior leadership in IT, IT management, and employees regarding HR-related NYU policies.
- Provide guidance and expertise for HR policies in conjunction with University Human Resources and partner offices such as the Office of General Counsel, the Office of Equal Employment, among others.
- Serve as the primary HR interface for IT to ensure all employee related documentation (including job descriptions, compensation analysis, benefits, and payroll data interface) is fully integrated and aligned to the work performed and consistent with University Human Resources policies.
- Serve as a trusted advisor on sensitive and/or critical issues.
- Ensure service delivery of fundamental HR processes through meaningful metrics, reports and dashboards, and be a highly visible member of various global clients’ leadership teams.
- Be able to understand and leverage a broad range of HR and client organizational knowledge for action planning, issue prevention, and strategic initiative implementation.
- Contribute to business and/or organizational strategy by supporting business leaders to identify, prioritize and build organizational climate, capabilities, behaviors, structures and processes.
Master's or JD
10+ years relevant experience as a senior human resources generalist in a professional or managerial level capacity or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must include in depth knowledge of a variety of human resources areas and experience managing staff, administrative process and projects.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Exceptional knowledge of human resources with emphasis on senior level HR expertise. Awareness and understanding of political and cultural influences; ability to manage in an environment of cultural diversity. Strong customer service orientation. Open-minded thinker with excellent judgment. Strong consultative, negotiation, analytical and influencing skills. Superior relationship management and communication abilities. Very strong diagnostics/ assessment and action planning capability. Proven ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and manage diverse resources. Extensive client support and strategic/tactical planning experience. Adaptable, flexible, open-minded management approach. Creative, problem solver and outcomes-focused. Strong business/organizational knowledge (IT operations). Significant multi-tasking, spatial thinking abilities. Must possess a thorough understanding of all areas of HR; content expert in at least 3 of the following core areas: employee relations, talent management/acquisition, training/development, organizational effectiveness/development, compensation strategy and design, strategic planning, metrics/analytics, project/program management. Ability to develop and interpret policies and procedures. Knowledge of standard software.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity