Provide administrative support for the NYU Tandon School of Enigneering undergraduate engineering academic department of 20 full time faculty, 530 students, and 100 students on payroll. The administrative support will include:
• Creation of appointment letters; assistance with onboarding and termination processes for department employees.
• Review and approval of administrative staff and student time sheets in myTime.
• Arrange and strategically plan industry advisory board meetings, interviews, seminars, travel arrangements for new faculty, post docs and graduate students.
• Purchase departmental (faculty, graduate and undergraduate students) materials and equipment; ordering, tracking of orders, payments.
• Assist with annual budget reporting and reconcile department expenses.
• Responsible for working with full time and adjunct faculty in collecting faculty course evaluations and other assessment material for on-going departmental assessment.
• Coordinate the collection of material from faculty for ABET accreditation process (ongoing and intensive every six years).
• Assist department chair with design criteria, advising of department budget for the assignment of faculty/staff/research students to office and lab space.
• Assist with space planning, order furniture, ensure telephone and internet connections are established and equipment/furniture are moved into space (as necessary).
High school diploma or equivalent
Associates or Bachelor’s degree
2 -3 years related experience
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
General business office and purchasing interactions, HR data processing. Competent in use of MSWORD and MSEXCEL; web searches. Good written and oral communication skills
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Experience with AP Workflow, PeopleSync, Albert
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity