Serving as a member of the Senior Vice President and CFO’s senior leadership team, the Vice President will lead all budget and financial planning and analysis university-wide and support the university’s administrative and academic business officers. In addition, this individual will provide advice and counsel to NYU’s senior leadership team, the EVP, deans and senior administrative leaders to address the challenging issues that confront this large, global, research intensive private university. This individual will also be responsible for providing regular updates and analysis to NYU’s Board of Trustees with regards to NYU’s budget and financial condition, and special analysis, as requested by the Board, President, EVP and/or CFO. Budget, Financial Planning & Analysis includes creating, updating and maintaining the University’s ten-year operating and capital plans, financial forecasting, resource planning, analysis and recommendations as needed throughout the year. The Budget Office has an annual operating budget of $2.6 million and full-time headcount of 17 positions.
MBA or other advanced business degree
A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
Experience with budgeting and financial analysis for an Academic Medical Center. Experience with budgeting and financial analysis for a large, private research institution of higher education.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Uncompromising integrity and a distinguished record of accomplishment and leadership.
• Exceptional financial planning and analysis expertise, reporting and operational expertise; strong technical knowledge, and experience with P&L forecasting.
• Knowledge of budget and planning activities specific to a research environment related to sponsored programs and grant management. Expertise of federal, state and local regulations with budgetary implications on revenue and expenses.
• Exceptional ability to navigate a highly matrixed and complex organization. Must be capable of fact-based, timely and collaborative decisions with an ability to delve deeply into details and make an impact in a dynamic environment.
• Deep knowledge of academic budgets, budgeting philosophy including capital budgeting.
• Demonstrated capacity to develop the talents and expertise of staff so that they are able to assume expanded responsibilities, with a proven ability to recruit and retain well-qualified, high performing individuals.
• Knowledgeable and comfortable leveraging technology and improving data and processes to improve budgeting and financial analysis effectiveness.
• Exceptional collaboration, strategic thinking, communication and presentation skills.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Experienced implementing enterprise wide forecasting and planning tools and technology.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity