NYU IT has an opening for a Software Engineer to join the Community Life Applications Development team. The Community Life Team provides key services to the NYU Community in the form of Campus Safety and Community Services.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help our team of innovators and technologists create next-level solutions that improve the services we deliver.
• You will be responsible for supporting the ongoing development, operation, and maintenance of our Enterprise Community Life suite of applications.
• Your knowledge and expertise in design and development will help to improve our current processes, build integrations, and ensure optimal operational performance.
• You will coordinate with clients and IT partners on a regular basis regarding the development projects, upgrades, patches, and other technical tasks.
• You will develop technical specifications based on business requirements.
• You will analyze application activity reports and make recommendations for enhancements.
• You will be responsible for ensuring data integrity and data security, while adhering to technology policies and standards.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, System Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
5 or more years' related experience or an equivalent combination of knowledge and experience as a system or technical analyst. Must possess an IS/IT background and have a strong understanding of enterprise applications, Windows Server, SQL Server Database setup, configuration and management, and SQL Development, Networking concepts. Must include experience with designing, developing, maintaining and troubleshooting Oracle, MS SQL, VMWare, and Windows Server. Familiarity with Service Oriented System Management and best practices. Familiar with the business processes and procedures necessary to manage and maintain enterprise technologies. Should be experience with Oracle and Microsoft SQL database concepts and network technologies.
Experience with Access Control, Video Management, Event Management, OneCard/Card transaction and Campus Meal Plan management systems.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Experience undertaking customer research and document clients’ business needs and delivering technical solutions Extensive experience in MS SQL. Firm understanding of server technology, virtualization, network and database technology, programming, system and security analysis. Extensive front end troubleshooting and log file analysis. Familiar with Software Development and Product Management life cycles. Experience Developing scripts to facilitate application enhancements, data monitoring, troubleshooting data issues and creating custom reports. Experience in scripting languages (e.g. Python, PowerShell Batch Scripting) Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Lenel Certified Engineer or experience and certifications in security and Lenel access control systems, Genetec Technical Certification or experience and certifications in video management systems, experience with OneCard and Meal Plan systems, experience with Event and Space management systems. Experience with .Net, Visual Basic, or Perl Programming Languages. Experience with Crystal Reporting.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity