Reporting to the Associate Director of Endpoint Engineering & Support the Endpoint Engineer is responsible for the quality and completeness of managed workstation support at NYU. Provide senior level leadership, planning, evaluation, programming and deployment of solutions and support for the managed workstation program, related applications, technologies and products.
- Provide leadership throughout ITS for all activities related to the use of the managed workstation at NYU.
- Plan, develop and deploy a variety of solutions for managing and supporting managed workstations, including software packaging, software distribution, image management, deployment, application virtualization, OS virtualization and other relevant technologies.
- Track industry development of managed workstation products; interface directly and often with managed workstation experts internally and throughout higher education. Recommend purchases and deployments of new managed workstation solutions.
- Investigate new and improved software and hardware; evaluate in connection with current and future needs and implement as necessary.
- Plan, execute and evaluate needs and service quality assessments for managed workstation support.
- As new managed workstation initiatives arise, provide project management and technical support from planning stages through implementation.
- Develop and help deliver training in managed workstation technologies to orient incoming support staff and to continually improve the expertise of existing support staff.
- Lead outreach activities in managed workstation support.
- Oversee and help draft all managed workstation support documentation for both end-users and support staff.
- Coordinate with related vendors for problem resolution during deployment of new managed workstation programs and new technologies.
- Serve as third tier technical support for all managed workstation issues.
- Working with ITS support directors and managers, develop and deploy a structure and staffing model to deliver consistently high quality managed workstation support to NYU’s faculty and staff.
- Assist in formation of computing policies relevant to managed workstations.
- Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required.
Bachelors degree and at least five years experience providing technical support or equivalent combination.
Knowledge of two or more high level scripting and/or programming languages.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated expertise in OS X operating systems, hardware, server environment and applications, with demonstrated experience in system administration and management. - Demonstrated expertise in Windows operating systems, hardware, server environment and applications, with demonstrated experience in system administration and management - Demonstrated expertise in software packaging, software distribution, image management, deployment, application virtualization, and OS virtualization and other end user computing technologies. - Ability to work in a collaborative, interdepartmental environment. - Ability to work independently and proactively. - Excellent oral and written communication skills. - Excellent time management and organizational skills. - Ability to assess directional trends in information technology and to present project plans resonant with such trends. - Demonstrated excellent analytical and problem resolution skills. - Equal comfort with both ‘back office’ activities and end-user support. - Ability to train personnel on new applications and utilities.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity