Deploy, monitor, maintain and support:
1) Windows images in Citrix, as well as physical laptops and desktops. Implement, design and maintain Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp. Responsible for the XenDesktop and XenApp production and disaster recovery environments, ensuring effective service delivery and adherence to installation standards, procedures and best practices, including those established by the University IT department;
2) The College's Electronic Health Record System, supporting all patient care and clinical operations, revenue cycle management, and clinical education. Infrastructure support of the College's 350,000 patient visits a year and the education of our 1,700 students and residents under guidance of more than 800 faculty and 450 administrators;
3) Our Citrix environment serving over 1000 concurrent logins, supporting the College of Dentistry's clinical services in 17 clinical locations;
4) VMWare-based virtual server environment hosting 200+ servers supporting clinical, academic, administrative services and applications, and some research databases;
5) The College's Active Directory organizational unit administering group policies and accounts of 3,000 staff, faculty, and students and over 1,500 computing and printing objects.
Participate in a wide range of infrastructure, technology, and security projects. Support TIS services in service request, incident, and problem resolution. Ensure systems and environments meet or exceed industry best practices and regulatory compliance, in particular with HIPAA regulations, including security, availability, auditability, and resilience. Administer capacity, change, and release management processes. Track and prepare reports on system performance and capacity.
Participate in the on-call rotation and uphold service level agreements by responding to off-hour service-affecting incidents.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a computer related field.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is preferred.
Certifications: MCSE 2012, CCA XenDesktop/CCA XenApp/CCA-V or CCP-V.
Five years of related experience including responsibility managing and implementing Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp in thin or zero environments; and vCenter in HA and DR environments.
Expertise in installing, configuring, and maintaining MS Windows Servers in an Active Directory environment including MS Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise Server, Group Policies.
Seven years of relevant experience installing, configuring and maintaining Microsoft Windows Server in an Active Directory environment. Four years of relevant experience installing, configuring and maintaining MS Windows 2012 Server in a virtualized environment. Five years of relevant experience configuring and maintaining Group Policies. Five years of relevant experience installing, configuring and maintaining Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop in thin or zero environments. Five years of relevant experience installing, configuring and maintaining VMWare vSphere and ESXi.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Expert knowledge of Microsoft Server 2012 R2 Enterprise, Active Directory and Group Policies.
In depth experience with maintaining a Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop system for over 400 thin or zero endpoints.
In depth experience with maintaining PVS/MCS images with Citrix environment.
In depth experience Citrix XD version v7.x, PVS v7.x, StoreFront v3.x,
In depth knowledge with Netscaler v11.x, setting up GSLB, VIP, AAG, LB and overall understanding of Netscaler appliances in HA environment.
Work well with the rest of the team to provide 3 rd IT level assistance for Windows OS, mobile devices and software issues, SCCM images, End User security, patching and the overall End User Systems portfolio.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Expert knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Active Directory and Group Policies. In depth experience with maintaining a Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop system for over 1500 endpoints. In depth experience with maintaining VMWare vSphere and ESXi 5.5 or 6. Working knowledge of failover in Citrix and VMware environments.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity